Don't Dice With Ice
The parks look beautiful with a dusting of snow or frost but it is vital to stay vigilant around cold or frozen water during the Winter months.
- Keep away from the water’s edge and under no circumstances go onto the ice or enter the water.
- Be extra watchful with young children close to the water’s edge.
- If you see someone in trouble in the water or on the ice, call 999 straight away. Never attempt to go out on to the ice yourself.
- Be cautious after heavy rainfall and don’t enter areas that are flooded.
- Keep your dog under control near frozen water and do not EVER follow it onto the ice. Do not attempt to rescue any pets yourself - call the emergency services for help.
- If you see a wild animal you believe to be in distress on the ice report it to the RSPCA on 0300 123 4999.