Welcome to West Bletchley Council's Official Website
Our website has been designed to provide you with information that we hope will be of a valuable resource, particularly in finding out more about what's happening within the Council and the wider community. As the site develops we hope it will become your local access point for information about the Council and the Principal Local Authority.
Here at West Bletchley Council, some of our areas of work are:
- Community events and activities, including the annual West Bletchley Carnival.
- Community groups such as Men in Sheds, Living in the Moment and Frank's over 55s.
- Free swimming at Bletchley Leisure Centre.
- Free counselling service with West Bletchley Wellbeing.
- Activities for all ages at The MARC and Frank Moran Centre. (www.facebook.com/themarcandfrank)
- Active mental health forum
- Environmental projects involving local primary schools, community groups and residents.
- Landscape and open space maintenance and development.
- Neighbourhood Planning.
We focus on services that you think are important and will improve your quality of life.
We are here to represent you in the best way we can.
We hope the website will be a further resource for community development and support through:
- involving local people more in what is happening in the community
- improving communication;
- engaging everyone in local issues, by providing you with more information.
West Bletchley Council is established on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. These are just some of the ways in which we communicate with local residents, groups and partner agencies.
You can also email email@example.com with the subject, 'Keep me Posted Please!' to receive e-updates straight to your inbox.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to messages and queries as quickly as possible, should you have an urgent issue - or want a more timely response - please call the West Bletchley Council offices on 01908 648257 or drop in to our offices: 221 Whaddon Way, during office hours (9.30am - 4pm).
WBC welcomes comments from local people but reserves the right to remove posts or comments that do not meet our guidelines, please see 'Guidelines' below.
Social Media Guidelines:
Liking and Following
West Bletchley Council will make positive use of social media to keep local residents and groups updated with details of current services, events and facilities and other relevant useful information. We do not undertake to follow or connect with all of those who contact the Council via social media. If we do engage with individuals or groups via social media it does not imply that we necessarily endorse or support them.
Posted comments across any of the Council's social media platforms will be monitored during the Council’s office opening hours (0930 -1600, Monday to Friday).
We would expect that comments will:
• be polite and relevant.
• not be repetitive.
• not promote political parties.
• not publicise personal information of those posting or others.
• not advertise specific products or services.
• not be unlawful, libellous, threatening, obscene or offensive.