Heritage Open Day at Milton Keynes and District Reform Synagogue
You are invited to our Open Day on Sunday, 10th September, 10am-4pm, which is being held in conjunction with the national Heritage Open Days scheme: https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/visiting/event/milton-keynes-synagogue-open-day-creating-memories
What's going to be happening at the our Open Day?
The Synagogue is going to be buzzing with activity on the Open Day! Here's a taster of the events we've got planned:
- Opportunities to view our Torah scrolls
- Have a go at writing in Hebrew!
- Children's activities: why not make your own yad or decorate a kippah?
- Jewish music – Our Choir Mistress has selected some typical Jewish music and we will be sharing them in the form of a slideshow. Come see if your favourites have been included!
- Jewish food – with a chance to do some tasting!
- Books and Judaism – the Book Chat group is organising this display of Jewish-themed books. It will be an interesting mix and will include books about religious aspects of Judaism, children's books, fiction, culture and, of course, cooking. So, if you know more about Passover traditions or how to make chicken soup, come and have a look!
- Jewish holidays and traditions
- Displays on history of our community, interfaith, Tikkun Olam, Judaism in Britain, Jews around the world and Who is a Jew?
- Synagogues around the world – thanks very much to Patrick Comerford for his help with this display
- Voices of the Holocaust display – thanks to Cate Hollis for her help with this
- Jews at Bletchley Park – if you have any queries about Bletchley Park, and especially the Jews who worked there, come chat to our local expert.
We will be serving tea, coffee and cake throughout the day.
We look forward to welcoming you on Sunday, 10th September.